Skiing – a day trip from your Denia Villa
When we think of winter sun in Spain’s Costa Blanca, skiing or snowboarding isn’t usually one of our initial thoughts but, not far from Valencia, there are places to spend a couple of days doing just that. Within a couple of hours drive of your Denia villa, you can swap a sandy beach for a snowy piste and enjoy traditional winter activities.
Located amongst mountain pines, the picturesque ski resort of Valdelinares has three green runs and three blue runs for beginners and three red runs for intermediate skiers. Ski equipment hire and ski lessons are available. The resort also boasts over 100 snow canons to guarantee skiing if the weather doesn’t comply.
For non-skiers, there are hiking trails surrounding the resort with panoramic views and there are some shops, cafés and a restaurant. There are clear blue skies most days at Valdelinares; temperatures can be unusually high for a ski resort, therefore a strong sun screen is advisable.
Although there is no accommodation within the ski resort of Valdelinares, there are lodges and hotels in the villages of Mora de Rubielos and La Virgen de la Vega, at the foot of the mountain, where you can stay for a night or two.
Ski resorts near the Costa Blanca:
- From the Costa Blanca coast, you can easily reach Valdelinares for a few hours’ skiing and return home in the evening.
- Near to Valdelinares is another small ski resort, Javalambre, with 6.9 km of pistes.
- Valdelinares resort is situated at 1,700m and skiing is guaranteed by more than 100 snow cannons.
- There are 7.5 km of skiing pistes for beginners and for intermediates, with 9 runs : 3 green, 3 blue, 3 red.
- Valdelinares has 10 lifts: one 2-seater chairlift, two 4-seater chairlifts, five button lifts and 2 “magic carpets” for beginners.
- Ski equipment rental, Skiing lessons & Ski lockers
- Shops, Cafés/Restaurant & Parking